Please review the following policies very carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at the Shop SpaceWeather Store. They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases, including important limitations and exclusions, such as those in Shop SpaceWeather's product warranties. Your placement of an order at the Shop SpaceWeather Store constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the order, so be certain you understand them before you place your order. Please note there may be limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for products.
Shop SpaceWeather will repair or replace the product, or part thereof, found upon inspection by Shop SpaceWeather to be defective, provided the defective part or product is returned to Shop SpaceWeather, freight prepaid, with proof of purchase. Shop SpaceWeather products purchased outside the
United States are not included in this warranty, but are covered under separate warranties issued by Shop SpaceWeather International Distributors.
RMA Number Required
Prior to the return of any product or part, a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be obtained by writing to Shop SpaceWeather's Customer Service Department or by calling 1-888-599-7597. Each returned product or part shipped to Shop SpaceWeather must include the RMA number, a written statement detailing the nature of the claimed defect, as well as your name, address, phone number, and a copy of the original sales invoice. See the "Refund" section below for more details.
This warranty is not valid in cases where the product has been abused or mishandled, where unauthorized repairs have been attempted or performed, or where depreciation of the product is due to normal wear-and-tear. Shop SpaceWeather specifically disclaims special, indirect, or consequential damages or lost profits, which may result from a breach of this warranty. Any implied warranties which cannot be disclaimed are hereby limited to a term of one year from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser.
Shop SpaceWeather reserves the right to change product specifications or to discontinue products without prior notice. All Shop SpaceWeather's warranties are limited to the original register, and are warranted by Shop SpaceWeather to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period as specified below from date of original retail purchase in the United States.
Telescopes: Limited USA One Year Warranty, extendable to five years *
Eyepieces: Limited USA One Year Warranty, extendable to five years *
Non-Electronic Telescope Accessories: Limited USA One Year Warranty, extendable to five years *
Cameras and Electronics: Limited USA One Year Warranty
Spotting Scopes: Limited USA One Year Warranty, extendable to five years *
Binoculars: Limited USA One Year Warranty, extendable to five years *
*Limited Warranty is one year in the
USA and its territories, extended to 5 years when product is registered. Product registration must be completed within 60 days of purchase. Limited Warranty is transferable from original owner (Original owner may include person receiving brand new product as a gift).
Shop SpaceWeather refurbished products, carry a one-year USA Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. These warranties give you specific rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Customers living outside of the
USA, who have purchased an Shop SpaceWeather product, your warranty is valid within the
USA. Customers must agree to the following shipping guideline to obtain a RMA number for product warranty. Customers returning a product from outside the
USA for warranty repair/maintenance are responsible for shipping fees (customs, fees, duties, etc) to and from our facility.
By purchasing at the Shop SpaceWeather Store, whether you place your order online or by telephone, you acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to review Shop SpaceWeather’s warranty terms, have done so to the degree you need to be familiar with them, and you accept their terms and conditions, including the limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers in them.
Non-Shop SpaceWeather-branded, third-party products or software are, to the greatest extent permitted by law, sold "AS IS" by the Shop SpaceWeather Store, but may be accompanied by their manufacturers' standard warranties. Shop SpaceWeather sells "AS IS" products as is, where is, and with all faults, and without express or implied warranties from Shop SpaceWeather. If you have questions about manufacturers' warranties that accompany such products, please see the product description page or contact Shop SpaceWeather by writing to us.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
Products or software sold through the Shop SpaceWeather Store that do not bear the Shop SpaceWeather Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with any terms and conditions packaged with the products (unless the third-party product is pre-installed in an Shop SpaceWeather-branded product). Shop SpaceWeather's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Shop SpaceWeather-branded, even if packaged or sold with Shop SpaceWeather products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
NOTE: In any event that you return product to Shop SpaceWeather, we recommend that you use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns and insure your package for safe return to Shop SpaceWeather so that you are completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you choose not to (1) use a carrier that offers tracking or (2) insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping. Customers are responsible for any shipping costs.
Defective Product and Refunds
A product is considered defective if it shows symptoms of a hardware failure, preventing basic operability, when you first use the product after opening the box. If you believe that your product is defective, please call customer service at 1-888-599-7597 within 30 calendar days of the invoice date.
Shop SpaceWeather Customer Service will determine whether the product is defective and offer you the following options:
• Replacement: Shop SpaceWeather, at its expense, will ship another of the same product, if available. Shop SpaceWeather Customer Service will arrange for replacement and the defective product’s return.
• Refund: Non-defective product returns may be subject to a minimum restocking fee of 10%. Shop SpaceWeather will refund total price including taxes (if applicable) minus any restocking fees, excluding any shipping or handling, when a product is returned within 30 days of purchase after obtaining a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from Shop SpaceWeather. Return must include product (in like-new condition), original packaging, all accessories, instructions and other paperwork as well as the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and RMA Form. When returning a product with an issued RMA number, please notify Shop SpaceWeather (by contacting us) when you have shipped the product back to us, so we may anticipate its arrival and process your refund after receipt of the item.
• Service: You may have the product repaired. However, once you choose that option, you may not request replacement of the product. If Shop SpaceWeather Customer Service determines that a returned product is not defective, Shop SpaceWeather will apply Shop SpaceWeather’s Limited USA Warranty to the product.
This defective policy applies only to Shop SpaceWeather-branded products currently offered at the Shop SpaceWeather Store. As new products are offered, Shop SpaceWeather reserves the right to determine whether or not this policy applies. This defective policy does not apply to third-party products or software that do not bear a third-party brand name. You must call the manufacturer directly with any third-party product issues.
APO/FPO Addresses: If you’re an APO/FPO customer and you’re outside the domestic delivery area, the standard Shop SpaceWeather Return and Refund Policy applies. However, you are responsible for shipping the product back to a state-side return address, plus handling, customs, and inventory liability. Since you are responsible for the safe delivery of any product you are returning to Shop SpaceWeather, we recommend that it is insured against loss.
If you discover what you believe is a product defect for any Shop SpaceWeather-branded product, please contact Shop SpaceWeather Customer Service at 1-888-599-7597. If your product does have a defect, your product is covered under the terms of your product's warranty. Please refer to the warranty information and other supporting documentation that came with your product. (See the Product Warranty section above for specific information about Shop SpaceWeather's product warranties.)
If you discover what you believe is a defective product or software from any third-party product, please contact the manufacturer of such third-party product directly for information regarding the manufacturer's warranty. Please note that products or software sold through the Shop SpaceWeather Store that do not bear the Shop SpaceWeather brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with the terms and conditions packaged with the products.
Shop SpaceWeather's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Shop SpaceWeather-branded, even if packaged or sold with Shop SpaceWeather products.
Other Terms and Conditions
• Shop SpaceWeather is not responsible for typographical errors. Shop SpaceWeather reserves the right to cancel any order you have placed if there was a typographical error on the Shop SpaceWeather Store concerning the pricing or availability of any item you ordered when you placed the order.
• Shop SpaceWeather reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at the Shop SpaceWeather Store at any time.
• Shop SpaceWeather may make changes to any products or services offered at the Shop SpaceWeather Store, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The information provided at the Shop SpaceWeather Store with respect to products and services may be out of date, and Shop SpaceWeather makes no commitment to update the information provided at the Shop SpaceWeather Store with respect to such products and services.
• Shop SpaceWeather reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Shop SpaceWeather Store, or to any portion of the Shop SpaceWeather Store, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Shop SpaceWeather Store, or any portion of the Shop SpaceWeather Store, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Shop SpaceWeather Store, or any portion of the Shop SpaceWeather Store, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
• To the extent permitted by law, all sales at the Shop SpaceWeather Store are governed by
California law, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions.
• No Shop SpaceWeather employee or agent has the authority to vary any of the Shop SpaceWeather Store's policies or the terms and conditions governing any sale.
• If any of the aforementioned policies are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, such policy shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the intent of the policy, so that the policies shall remain in full force and effect.
• Shop SpaceWeather’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of these policies shall not be construed as a waiver by Shop SpaceWeather of any provision or any right it has to enforce these policies, nor shall any course of conduct between Shop SpaceWeather and you or any other party be deemed to modify any provision of these policies.
• These policies shall not be interpreted or construed to confer any rights or remedies on any third parties.
• The Shop SpaceWeather Store provides access to Shop SpaceWeather international data and, therefore, may contain references or cross references to Shop SpaceWeather products, programs and services that are not announced in your country. Such reference does not imply that Shop SpaceWeather in your country intends to announce such products, programs or services.